Help Protect Wildlife
Bernier and Dorre Islands were finally gazetted ‘A’ class nature reserves for the conservation of fauna in 1957.
Four of the five species of endangered mammals on Bernier and Dorre occur nowhere else, yet less than 100 years ago mainland Australia supported widespread populations of all five species.
Please help protect wildlife on these islands:
- Please do not land on Dorre Island
- Download the Island Protection brochure before you go to help you prepare for a trip.
- Ensure boots, clothing and anything you take onto Bernier Island are clean and free of seeds, insects, mice and other hitchhikers
- Do not light fires, collect firewood from the island or bring firewood to the islands
- Do not camp
- Do not take pets or firearms onto the island
- Do not leave any food, rubbish or bodily waste on the island