The Shark Bay World Heritage Advisory Committee provides advice to the Minister for the Environment and the Environment Protection Heritage Council on matters relating to:
- Protection, conservation, presentation and management of the Property from the view point of the community.
- Research priorities which contribute to the protection and conservation of the Property and understanding of its natural history.
- New information or developments relevant to protection, conservation or presentation of the Property.
- The scientific basis of management principles and practices.
- Legislative processes for environmental assessment.
- The maintenance of outstanding universal values and integrity of the Property.
If you have a development or tourism proposal either within or adjacent to the World Heritage Property, please use the guidelines and information in the following documents when preparing your proposal:
The committee also has input into the drafting and review of management plans. Committee members from 27 May 2020 are:
Phillip Scott, Chair
Professor Diana Walker, Science/technical
Dr Libby Mattiske, Science/Technical
Grant Donald, Broader Community
Laura Gray, Broader community
Brendon Bellottie, Indigenous
Carrissa Bellottie, Indigenous
Geoffrey Wardle, Local community
Elisabeth McLellan, Local community
Julianne Bush, Local community